Many parents with a
custody and parenting plan already in place eventually run across life changes, professional changes,
personal lifestyle adjustments, etc. that lead them to wonder about the
possibility of modifying child support. Child support can be changed or
modified, but there are limitations as to when and why. One or both parents
may modify their child support when they can show a changed circumstance
that is both substantial and continuing.
What Are Some Examples of Circumstances that may be Considered Substantial
- The addition of health insurance coverage or change in premium.
- A change in the availability of health insurance coverage.
- Changing employers.
- Notable increase to income.
- Notable decrease to income.
- The birth or adoption of another child.
If any of the above listed situations apply to your case, you can petition
the Court to have your Arizona child support amount changed or possibly
If you need assistance obtaining an Arizona child support modification,
contact the family law attorneys at
Arizona Family Law Attorneys