Family Lawyers Serving Clients Throughout Arizona
Do I Need Both an Adoption Attorney and an Adoption Agency?

Do I Need Both an Adoption Attorney and an Adoption Agency?

Many cilents call my office and ask this exact question. Every potential Adoption is going to be different, depending upon your specific circumstances, but typically the answer is YES! There are many different types of Adoption including agency placement, direct placement and foster care/CPS/DCS. Regardless of the path that you have chosen, if you are not closely biologically related to the child or children you wish to adopt the State of Arizona requires you to be Certified as Acceptable to Adopt prior to filing a Petition for Adoption. To become Certified you would work directly with a local Adoption Agency to complete the application and home study process. Therefore, you will likely need both an Adoption Attorney and an Adoption Agency to properly complete your Adoption. If you're reading this post and you've already been matched with the child but are not currently Certified please contact our office to discuss the options that are available. In some cases it may be possible for you to be granted temporary custody while your Certification is pending. After you receive your Certificate of Acceptability to Adopt then the formal adoption process can commence. This is when a licensed Adoption Attorney would step in and assist you with filing the Petition to Adopt and additional required documents to be presented to the Court. If you are interested in learning more please see our website or contact us to schedule a consultation so that we may provide you with advice tailored directly to your upcoming Adoption.

Find Trusted Counsel

Request Your Consultation
    • Please enter your first name.
    • Please enter your last name.
    • Please enter your email address.
      This isn't a valid email address.
    • This isn't a valid phone number.
    • Please make a selection.
    • Please enter a message.